Thursday, May 17, 2007

All that Glitters

Okay, I'm a metallic slut. I love anything bright and shiny- an precious metal related.
What can I do? I'm 1/2 Romanian- you should see the amount of gold on my Grandmother.
After seeing a youtube video (link sent by a Eurovision obsessed friend.) I was in love. Drag! Shiny! Utter Madness! What video? Comedian Andery Danylko's Character Verka Serdychuka who was Ukraine's Eurovision preformer.


So having been inpspired by an over the top Drag Queen, I'm all for metallics now.
I know that most people frown at metallics (sooo last season. yeah right bitchs! gold is never out. same goes to oxidized silver) so wear them with taste or with attitude. These are not for the faint hearted, or extremely pale.
So pop over to the nearest AA store/costume store and get DANZING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkoU3lJymj4

2 comments:

a said...

i used to read people's blogs and sometimes they'd mention their love of glitter and I'd say 'hahaha, how frivolous and silly', but I'm an addict now. I just can't stop staring at mirrorballs and sequins and.... shiny things... so... preeettyyy

Meg said...

I can't really pull off full metallic-ness. I'm too short for all that...however if someone wanted to give me a metallic Jil Sander dress, I wouldn't say niet.

Re: That's because you and your mum are probably cool Dar. LIke the people IN the ads.