Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Good The Bad and The Big Bird

Some things I just cannot understand. For example Prada's latest collection.
The colour scheme? I liked.
The cuts? Eh, okay...
The Legwarmers? Horrific.
The big bird coat? Speechless.
I'm puzzeled at how, a good designer like- this is obvious if one looks back at past collections, and create something that is so blatantly ugly. It's not even so ugly it's beautiful. It's plain and simple U-G-L-Y. Who wants to look like big bird? I won't get started on the fact that a large part of this collection is in fuzzy/furry fabric. That alone makes me want to vomit. Colour block legwarmers do nothing for anyones legs! cuts people off wrong you see. Some peices are so old it's gross, yet somethings have a unique qaulity to them. Those skullcaps? no.no.no. Can't we just go back to the turbans? None of the bags caught my attention- I love bags like a fat kid loves cake (and I love cake as well- but let's not go into comparing oneself to a fat kid.) The shoes? passable- but we've seen these before in a different colour scheme, but really we've seen them all.The dipdyes are great. That crumpled black/green coat! wow.
The Good:



The Bad:



The Big Bird:


That was a little thing, cause I've got my histort A level like thing on Monday and won't be updating till after thursday (Design Basics A level thing then...). Wish me luck,and a sparkling cardigan! (or at the very least that coinpurse from AA)

4 comments:

molly said...

hahaha who wants to look like big bird indeed?

Emma said...

god, you are so right. Why be shapeless when you can be...shapeful?

a said...

leg warmers??? why god, WHY.

Bojana said...

Great post. Deceiving collection.